Principal Designer & CDM Services
CDM2015 regulations require that projects are run on a Duty Holder based frame work.
Clients are a named Duty Holder and have ultimate responsibility for the management of their projects, including the appointment of the other required Duty Holders.
Where two or more contractors are deployed on a project, the Client must appoint a Principal Designer, who is responsible for project design risk management.
As a Principal Designer, we ensure that the Client is fully aware of their duties and assist the Client to discharge these duties for the life of the project. These duties include;
- Advising the Client and other Duty Holders of their CDM2015 obligations
- Raising the F10
- Ensuring the competence of all Duty Holders
- Facilitating clear communication between the Client, Designers and Contractors
- Raising all mandatory health and safety documentation where necessary
- Assisting the design team to identify and manage foreseeable risks
- Compiling design team hazard and residual risk registers
- Issuing Pre Construction Information to the contractor
- Compiling and vetting the Health and Safety File during the project
In addition to these mandatory duties we also provide the following services;
- Check the Construction Phase Plan submitted by the Principal Contractor on behalf of the Client, prior to works commencement
- Undertake site audits
- Perform accident / incident investigations
- Undertake Fire Risk Assessments of the construction site
- Provide the Client with a performance evaluation to ensure that the Principal Contractor is complying with their duties
Please contact us to discuss your requirements or call 07491 695 238 to talk to Jay McDonagh directly