Principal Designer & CDM Services
CDM2015 regulations require that projects are run on a Duty Holder based frame work.
Clients are a named Duty Holder and have ultimate responsibility for the management of their projects, including the appointment of the other required Duty Holders.
Where two or more contractors are deployed on a project, the Client must appoint a Principal Designer, who is responsible for project design risk management.
As a Principal Designer, we ensure that the Client is fully aware of their duties and assist the Client to discharge these duties for the life of the project. These duties include;
- Advising the Client and other Duty Holders of their CDM2015 obligations
- Raising the F10
- Ensuring the competence of all Duty Holders
- Facilitating clear communication between the Client, Designers and Contractors
- Raising all mandatory health and safety documentation where necessary
- Assisting the design team to identify and manage foreseeable risks
- Compiling design team hazard and residual risk registers
- Issuing Pre Construction Information to the contractor
- Compiling and vetting the Health and Safety File during the project
In addition to these mandatory duties we also provide the following services;
- Check the Construction Phase Plan submitted by the Principal Contractor on behalf of the Client, prior to works commencement
- Undertake site audits
- Perform accident / incident investigations
- Undertake Fire Risk Assessments of the construction site
- Provide the Client with a performance evaluation to ensure that the Principal Contractor is complying with their duties
Get in touch via our contact page or call us on 01777 248 352.